Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Home" by Jo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: "Home" by Jo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Home" 02-06-2010
A look at the parallels in 601 and 602. Vidlet.
Song: Signs (Acoustic) by Bloc Party
Vidder: Jo
Length: 1:23 (38MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSTnCxrrE4Q
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CH3LTCA1

DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

As I said on You Tube, This is really cool how you showed all the parallels between seasons. Really nicely done.
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

Wow this is awesome, i loved the comparisons, amazing work
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

So amazing to watch!!!! I loved how you compared similar scenes together. That was such a good idea and you used a beautiful song Gold!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

Wow, I really enjoyed that! All those parallels were great and you did a fantastic job piecing them together. I especially loved the back & forth between Saywer/Juliet & Sawyer/Kate in the cage. That was really powerful!! Fantastic job!!
Maria_Bonner
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It´s so good!!!!!!! Really beautiful. Like skate, I thought too in season 2 when I watched 6x02. And now, Im praying for a skate ending...
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gave me chills! I especially loved that scene where you kept going back and forth between Skate in the cage and Suliet in the pit. Gorgeous work! In my favs!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alyssap22
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

This is so beautiful!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC Productions: Thank you!

EMMALOUISE: Thanks so much, glad you liked the comparisons!

blackwolf1480: Thanks a million for the gold, I really appreciate it! The song is amazing, I've had it for ages and wanted to vid it so bad, but didn't get inspired until last week after the premiere.

NepEnut: Heh, the back-forth between Juliet dying and Sawyer and Kate in the cage kind of shocked me. It's weird that they made the scenes so similar, but I can see how they were kind of the high versus low points of Sawyer's life, so it makes a kind of twisted sense.

Maria_Bonner: I'm trying to focus on the mythology and everything, like a good little lostie, but yeah, I'm rooting like CRAZY for Sawyer and Kate to end up together.

Nikkimonique: Thank you! I love the gif in you sig!

alyssap22: Thanks!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

"Take care.." Garnier? xD

Hey you know I was thinking about the Skate parallels in the premiere too so glad I wasn't alone This was a sweet video enjoyed it.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

I really liked it. And I agree with Nikki, the flashing of going back and fourth between Sawyer holding Kate in the cages, and Sawyer holding Juliet was awesome. Your editing was incredible. I loved the acoustic version of this song that you chose !
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, that was beautiful! Fantastic editing, especially with the cuts between him holding Kate and holding Juliet. Just SO powerfully done! Great work! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

That was great!!! Very cool way to show the similarities. Awesome vid!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

This was STUNNING, Jo! I love, love, love your videos! Awesome song choice, Bloc Party is one of my favorite bands, they rock! His voice is so beautiful and this song is so flowy and beautiful, plus the lyrics suited the story of these two episodes perfectly. Your lyric interpretation was fabulous, with the "signs" and the back and forth comparisons of Sawyer/Kate kissing and Sawyer/Juliet kissing! Very creative and lovely!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Home by Jo Reply with quote

WOAH!! Awesomely done!! I really loved how you showed the similarities. Particularly the ones with him holding Juliet and Kate where it was flipping back and forth really quickly! Stunning!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: